top of page


The most important thing for you to know is that all students entering the United States to study, both at MAIA and MAIA-partnered universities, are required to obtain an F-1 Student Visa or US greencard. 

When you apply to MAIA and MAIA-partnered universities, we will send you an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility, which you will use to apply for your F-1 Student Visa at a US Embassy or Consulate in your country. Remember to apply for your visa early to allow for possible delays in processing.


General terms and information

As an international student, you should know about VISA and immigration. When you arrive at MAIA, you will need to submit a copy of the immigration documents. Later in the semester, you will be attending an SEVIS presentation that will explain your stay here.

Traveling outside US

Many students use the breaks provided in the academic calendar to travel around the United States and go home to visit family and friends. What should you do to be prepared?

Lost passport

Students often lose some immigration documents and MAIA students lose all their files. What should you do if this happens?

On the Phone

To contact a Designated School Official (DSO) at MAIA regarding immigration or student transfer information, please email


bottom of page