top of page

 Traveling outside of the U.S

Many students take advantage of the breaks provided in the Academic Calendar to travel throughout the US and to also return home to visit family and friends.

If traveling outside the US, it is important that students remember the following:

  • Passports must be valid at least 6 months in the future in order to return to the U.S.

  • Your Form I-20 must be signed by a DSO at your sponsor school within the last 6 months.

  • It takes about 2 weeks for I-20's to be signed.

  • Make sure to submit your Form I-20 and Travel Signature Request Form with enough time to spare.

  • You must bring with you your Form I-20, visa, and passport when travelling.

  • If you want to apply to visit another country you must research the rules for obtaining a visa.

  • It is important to note that you MUST keep your passport/I-20 with you at all times so if you want to apply for a visa to another country it is best to do so in person.

bottom of page